Click here for SFR on MySpace

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

If you can't stand the heat

then don't go outside. That's pretty much my current mindset. I'm in Tucson, Arizona for the annual AAN conference and I'm pretty sure it's at least 100 degrees outside. I don't really care how hot it is digit wise, all I know is it's so hot that when I step outside I literally don't know what I'm supposed to do. Walk? Breathe? How?
The conference is being held in a big hotel with many pools. Normally, lying by a pool with a book is my idea of heaven, but I feel like once it reaches 110 degrees, what's the point of even getting in the water? Why isn't the water evaporating?
I'm very determined not to spend five days complaining incessantly about the weather, but so far I'm not off to a very good start, particularly if you factor in facebook and twitter, where I've been complaining relentlessly.
On the bright side, if I close my blinds in my room and turn down the temperature to about 60, it's quite comfortable.