Click here for SFR on MySpace

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

overheard at the dentist

So yesterday, while getting my teeth cleaned, the hygenist told me that she cleans inmates' teeth part-time at the prison. And that Wednesday, she would be cleaning accused cop-killer Michael Astorga's teeth, because all inmates get their teeth cleaned on their birthdays (prompting the not-very-liberal thought, on my part, that not only was I paying for my own teeth to get cleaned, I also am paying for Astorga's; not to mention, given the high-end dentist's office I was in, I found myself thinking all sorts of not-politically correct thoughts, like, can't they get a hygenist who doesn't work on inmates?). Anyway, I don't know how true any of this is, though, as from what I can tell Astorga's birthday isn't until next month.
Meanwhile, have I mentioned how sick I am of going to the dentist?