Click here for SFR on MySpace

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

knitwit

I don't know if the UN coined the term "procraftination", but it would not surprise me in the least if she had. So clever, and apt.
I finally buckled down and forced myself through a lace pattern over the weekend, when I felt fluish and not up for much (although I did attend: SFR's holiday party; Gabe & Julie's cocktail party and Peter's performance, but in between that I felt crappy and did nothing but knit).
And, voila:

It's actually challenging to photograph knitted things, but I am rather proud of this work, flaws and all, as it's one of the few times I was able to sustain following a pattern. Usually I just make up stuff and everything I knit has that slightly crazy look to it, as if while knitting I forgot what I was doing, which is usually the case. I am so proud of myself I've just started a bag, via a pattern Gwyneth gave me. Wow! It must be winter or something because I am, once again, feeling very yarny.
Speaking of the weather, I wussed out this morning and made the boy drive me to work. He has a tank that goes slow, whereas I have a tincan that goes very fast. Plus, it was the least he could do after scaring the bejeezus out of me the other night by telling me his plans to get a gold tooth. ("Which would make you sadder?" I asked. "Not having a gold tooth? Or not having me as a girlfriend?" I rarely resort to ultimatums, but nothing says "my way or the highway" louder than your boyfriend telling you he wants a gold tooth).
In other news (not that this really counts as news), be sure to pick up the paper tomorrow. Lots of good stuff there shall be. And I can't believe I just wrote that when we are on deadline and the paper isn't even done yet! Jinx! Jinx! Jinx!
It's possible I've had too much coffee today.