Click here for SFR on MySpace

Monday, May 14, 2007

monday monday

I am having one of those days where the only way I can motivate myself is to read the personnel listings on the state job bank web site to remind myself that, indeed, a job you basically love that makes you feel like throwing yourself into moving traffic is probably an improvement over a hypothetically easier job in which your soul dies a little bit each day.
Good morning Santa Fe!
I had a fun weekend. Friday night I went to El Paseo to see Hollis Wake and they were really freaking great. And there were a bunch of people there I liked (as well as a random number of fraternityish guys I did not like. I mean, seriously, trying to make a glass stick via suction to your ass and then laughing uproariously when it falls off and a waitress has to clean it up? This is fun?) After, we swung by the new "punk" bar, El Matador, which made the boy very happy, as a former Pittsburgh punk rocker. He ordered his $5 PBR and, about 1:30 am, we went home. Saturday, for the first time in years, I had the urge to plant something (I actually don't really like plants very much and, sensing this, they usually die). Now it's Monday AGAIN, but so far, things seem to be going smoothly (and, anyone who knows anything knows I just jinxed myself in a big way). Wednesday night I'm going to see John Legend at the Sandia Amphitheater (which I've never been to before). Oh, and I'm getting a haircut, a long-overdue (pun only slightly intended) task. The other day at the gym, when I took my hair down to try to readjust it, the guy working out next to me said, "Girl, your hair is long!" And it didn't sound like a compliment. Nor did this exchange from the Whole Foods Parking lot, circa Sunday morning.

ME: Putting overpriced groceries into car
TEENAGE BOY ON BICYCLE: Hey, was there a college graduation last night?
ME: Yes, I think CSF and some other schools.
BOY: Are you in college?
ME: Um, no.
BOY: I'm kidding. But you look great.
ME: Awesome.

Love the "but" part of it. I seem to have invisibly passed into "looking good for her age" territory. And also become a magnet for odd young men in parking lots.