Click here for SFR on MySpace

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

it's been a long time

since I complained about what I ate for lunch. I had an egg salad sandwich and it was so disgusting that I threw most of it away. I would tell you where it came from, but that, no doubt, would come back to bite me in the ass. Suffice it to say, if you're anywhere near my office contemplating buying an eggsalad sandwich from anywhere near my office, I'd rethink the plan if I were you.
I have to admit the Manny Aragon indictment and courthouse scandal kind of made me lose my appetite. It's all such a morass. I mean, innocent until proven guilty but, c'mon, how can people elect and elect and re-elect people who are so obviously up to no good over and over again, to the point that it decades a decade for this shit to come home to roost? Blech!
I also find myself agreeing with Mario about the whole charity donation aspect. So you take money from someone who turns around and gets indicted for doing wrong, thus the money they gave you is tainted. So then you give it to charity where, apparently, taint doesn't matter and, in so doing, you look good because you're not using tainted money to get elected. I'm sure the charities need the money (public corruption may have been the largest contributor of charitable giving this year), but it's not like you're a hero or something for giving it. What would be really good is if it just didn't cost money to run for office anymore.
I mean, $26 million?. My God! Well, I guess Richardson only needs $20 million, assuming he doesn't have to keep returning the money (ain't no way I'm linking to Barry Massey's story on that... although Mr. Massey might note how others, in fact, credited the AP for their work, a lesson the AP might wish to learn from).