Click here for SFR on MySpace

Thursday, March 22, 2007

my morning set

Here's what I played this morning on KBAC. There were a few call-in complaints, predictably following any hip hop. I guess it's a good thing I didn't go with my initial idea to play only hip hop. I had to abandon that thought when I realized I didn't have enough profanity-free hip hop to fill two hours. As you can see, the stuff I chose is pretty mellow. Also, when I hear something I don't like on the radio, I get all crazy and CHANGE THE STATION. It's hard for me to understand calling to complain. Also hard to understand what could possibly be offensive about Erica Badu. But, I suppose, it is a wide wide world.


Money Changes Everything/Cyndi Lauper/
Mo Money Mo Problems/Notorious BIG
Fight The Power/Public Enemy
Hey Joe/Patti Smith
He War/ Cat Power
Tell Me When/Floetry
Love of My Life/Erykah Badu
Love And Happines/Al Green
Kiss Off/Violent Femme
Joy Featuring Mos Def/Talib Kweli
Minneapolis/Lucinda William
Me, Myself, And I/De La Soul
Your Dirty Answer/Kristin Hersh
Down And Dirty/Shannon McNALLY
Come A Long Way/Michelle Shocked
Bad Reputation/Freedy Johnston
Nothing To Believe In/Cracker
Light Up Ya Lighter/Michael Franti & Spearhead
Big Brother/David Bowie
Complexity (featuring Jill Scott) /The Roots
Be/Common
Show Me/John Legend
Come ON/Hundred Year Flood