Click here for SFR on MySpace

Saturday, February 17, 2007

life is better when you're not throwing up

hotel washington
The Hotel Washington is conveniently located to the White House et. al. Unfortunately, they don't have very hot water.
smithsonian natural history museum
I didn't want to leave DC without going to a museum. I consider it a sign of adulthood to voluntarily go to museums. Choosing a museum with thousands of screaming children, however, seems like a sign of insanity. As you can see, I went to the Smithsonian Natural History museum, but I didn't last long.
department of justice
A man walking by muttered to himself, "Department of Injustice is more like it." I also took a photo of the IRS building. I have no idea why.
the white house, in the distance
I got cold and wimped out on treking down to the White House or the Capitol. But if I wake up early enough I'll attempt it in the morning
the adams morgan district
Esquire writer Mike Sager told me this area, known as the Adams Morgan district, has really grown in the last 20 years since he pitched his first story on a place called "The Madame's Organ." We passed a bar by the same name. I didn't want to admit I don't really have any idea what that means.
meskerem restaurant with mike sager, patti calhoun
I ate Ethiopian food for the first time with Mike, Westword Editor Patty Calhoun, AAN Director Richard Karpel and Bay Guardian Editor Tim Redmond. The food was good... like Indian food, but not as spicy (at least what I ate).