Click here for SFR on MySpace

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Getting ready to leave town tomorrow and diligently doublechecking the guidelines for what's permitted on planes these days. You know, you really gotta wonder about a society where the government makes a point of letting you know it's OK to bring toy transformer robots on a plane. Also, why are toy transformer robots listed under "makeup." Are toy transformer robots some kind of makeup thing I don't know about? Like, a robot that puts on your makeup for you? (God what a fantastic idea that would be). Anyway, right now I am mind f***king about the meaning of "zip lock" as in the ziplock quart-sized bag. I actually went out to buy the quart-sized bag, but mine has the kind of top you push shut, not a zip lock per se. My colleague thinks zip lock is a brand name. Should I be safe and go buy some bags that are specifically zip-locks?
Anyway, I will say that TSA has been quite thorough in this list, mindboggingly so.

My two favorite things in TSA's FAQ are as follows:

1. The sentence that ends:
"We ask for your cooperation in the screening process by being prepared before you arrive. We also ask that you follow the guidelines above and try not to over-think these guidelines."

I just like that they instruct people not to overthink things. It's rare that the government acknowledges the neurosis of the average American.

2. the ban on snowglobes "even with documentation."