Click here for SFR on MySpace

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

another horrible tragedy

The story of the slaying in Amish Country just gets worse and worse. I really feel sickened by the extremity of some of these crimes. The area of Lancaster County in question is one I know pretty well. I grew up in Philly, but I went to boarding school in Lititz, at Linden Hall, the oldest all girls' boarding school in the country. It's a Moravian school (in its origins), not an Amish one.
Yes, folks, you heard it right. I went to an all girls' Moravian boarding school in Amish, Pennsylvania.
And I went to Quaker Camp. I really loved Camp Dark Waters. I wish people I went to camp with would track me down on the Internet like some of my high school pals did last year (high school pals pre boarding school, not boarding school pals). Actually, I have intermittent communications with my camp boyfriend from when I was 12 or 13. He's the reason I became a vegetarian.
But that's another story.
On a different note, I had hideous insomnia last night and ended up thinking about Bill Richardson's political strategy for about an hour at 3 in the morning. At the time, I thought I had some brilliant insights. By the light of day, um, well, let's just say I think I'll save my armchair political strategizing for another day.
Back to deadline.