Click here for SFR on MySpace

Friday, July 07, 2006

why does a short week feel long?

I woke up this morning, again when it was dark out, convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt (want to waste half an hour? Go online and try to find out the etymology of the idiom "beyond the shadow of a doubt") that it was Saturday morning. I finally realized it couldn't be because Friday night I was supposed to go to the Site Santa Fe opening at SWIG (have no idea what SWIG's new web site is). And once I realized I hadn't done that yet I realized it must be Friday, not Saturday.
Now it's almost over and, as mentioned, I'm going to the biennial SITE thingie tonight, possibly stopping at Chicanobuilt after but just as likely going home and I CAN NOT WAIT. This rain is making me woozy! Yo!
In other news…um, there is no other news, I'm going home and I'm taking a disco nap and tomorrow it will be Saturday and I don't have to be anywhere until 10 am when I go to the gym to work out with my trainer. Yes, my trainer.
Speaking of gym, I was working out last night when a drunk man began hitting on me. Drunk! At the gym! Of course, you'd have to be drunk to hit on me at the gym because I am the most slovenly gym dresser you've ever seen, extremely unattractive, although my new Nikes are kind of cute. But anyway, doesn't drinking and going to the gym seem kind of ridiculous?
The boy suggested that perhaps the drunk man wasn't hitting on me, he just felt like talking because he was drunk. This would seem unlikely, except the boy, also, has seen me in my workout clothes and it's really not a very provocative sight.

On the less completely-banal tip, doesn't it seem like this story would have made us hysterical, as a country, a few years ago (five years, that is).
Also, apparently Richardson will be on Meet the Press this Sunday at 6 am to discuss the North Korea situation.
J says we should just ignore North Korea.
The president says we probably maybe could have shot down the missile.
And what is up with all these government computers getting stolen?. And shouldn't information be a little more secure these days?
And, on the global warming beat, these two pieces of info:
Apparently biofuels may not be the answer to our problems.
And wind power is likely not in the offing for the offices of SFR; we (meaning the owner) got an estimate from PNM and the amount it would likely raise our monthly bill is not very doable for us at the moment.
But we are going to institute some things to try to cut down use, courtesy several of Tom Blog's suggestions, as well as suggestions from PNM.
Speaking of energy, I'm totally out of mine.
Have a great weekend!

PS: I think Randall Balmer's book sounds interesting. Isn't it weird all the people who live in Santa Fe?

PPS: Speaking of which, I totally forgot to mention that I'm about 85 percent certain I had a bizarre Shirley MacLaine encounter on July 4. A quick recap:

Me, Boy & JP, standing against wall across from Tia Sophia's, waiting for a table

Possible Shirley McC lookalike walks by with two other folks, stops, turns around and addresses us: Are you waiting for a table?
ME, JP: Yes
PSMCC: There's pancakes on the Plaza today you know!
US: Yes, there's about an hour wait for them, though.
PSMCC: Are you eating at Tia's?
US: Yes
PSMCC: That's a big favorite with the locals!
US: Yes
PSMCC: Are you locals?
US: Yes
PSMCC: Happy Fourth of July!

And she was pretty much a dead ringer for SMCC, but I'm slightly sucky at celebrity certainty, although JP was pretty certain.
OK, now I'm really done.