Click here for SFR on MySpace

Friday, June 23, 2006

TFGIF

I mean, for real. I need: some pool time, to finish reading my book, to start my new book, to see this movie, and to catch my breath.
We had a short round up of comments about Big Bill's exposure at Yearly Kos. For a good indepth article about the impact bloggers could have on dethroning the GOP, check out this article from the Boston Phoenix. I think the Dems have made things way too hard on themselves. If they want to regain political power, the answer is simple: Be about something and say what you're about. I still can't believe what a terrible campaign Al Gore ran in 2000, compared with the person we see out there now, clear, with a vision, articulate. And, seriously, Bill Richardson needs a better speech writer; I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again.
Meanwhile, I'm having lunch with our food writer in a few minutes. I've been friends with several food writers/foodies over the years and I can tell you, it's not easy to have me as a friend if you're into food, because it means you go out to lunch ready to take chances, split things, get crazy, and you're stuck with me, the girl who orders salad nicoise and bottled water everywhere she goes. Hopefully my sparkling wit compensates for my lack of interest in reading the menu.
Bon appetite! And have a great weekend if I don't make it back here today.