Click here for SFR on MySpace

Monday, June 19, 2006

The Clinton files

I suppose I could go on in some fashion trying to explain how smart Clinton was when he spoke at AAN, but a. I don't want to sound like some kind of crazed groupie and b. if I don't finish editing this cover story I'm going to be up shit's creek paddleless.
Needless to say, Clinton played this crowd exactly right: long on wonk and with the sense that he was giving a serious mandate to a particular group of journalists that take themselves particularly serious. But he also reeked of sincerity and, yes, I freaking rushed the rope to shake his hand. I even clapped when he was done talking, and you know I never clap.

OK, here's some video.

The first one is Clinton talking about our papers (alternative weeklies):


In this video clip, Clinton is talking about how the mainstream media (and maybe other media) cartoonize politicians (he cited his wife as an example) and don't allow for the complexity of the people and their positions. He urges us (the media) to more thoroughly explain the issues and officials' stances.



Finally, in this last clip, Clinton answers a question, read by Westword Editor Patricia Calhoun, regarding the 2004 elections and election fraud.



If you'd like to see this videos in a larger format, you can find them here and here and here.

YouTube rocks!