Click here for SFR on MySpace

Friday, June 16, 2006

the clinton doublewide




Apparently the Clinton Museum is often referred to as "the doublewide." You can't tell from this picture but it does, in fact, look a bit like a big ol trailer, at least from a distance. Of course, it's a very nice building, although I, personally, hadn't expected iit to be so modern looking. Inside is as much Clinton paraphanalia as a person could ask for: handwritten speeches, old family photos, looping videos. In a way it's a little creepy, actually. It reminded me of the Jack London House I went to in northern california where there's a video of Jack London speaking that's on a repeating loop and a bunch of his stuff everywhere and almost no one is there. Of course, London is dead and it's actually his house, so that's a bit different. Anyway, it's been a long time since I heard a US president speak in complete sentences, so that was fun (and, I suppose, we will hear the real Clinton speak tomorrow). As for today, Wesley Clark is slated to start talking in half an hour, so I suppose I should put some clothes on. Thus far this conference has been a. hot and b. rushed and c. slightly missed since I had to sit in my room last night for several hours and read a cover story draft. Am going to try to not do that today if possible.
More later.

ps: the replica of the oval office was roped off (see above). I'm not sure why a replica of an oval office has to be roped off.

pps: arkansas is unhumanly hot. I have no idea how people live here.