Click here for SFR on MySpace

Monday, May 22, 2006

the grand yuck

Some Mondays feel harder than others. This feeling is likely enhanced by:

1. too much weekend, ending with Andy Primm's CD release party at WilLee's followed by poor pool playing at Cowgirl. Although I only drank two beers over the course of six hours I still feel somewhat squishy-headed. Normally Sundays are spent watching the Sopranos and working.

2. first weekend with laptop went well as in I saved gas, did not drive to work but worked comfortably from a coffee shop. Did result in drinking too much coffee and it feels like maybe I didn't get as much done as I should have.

3. Holiday weekends, such as the one looming. Nice to get a three-day weekend, but the preparation to make that happen usually makes it kind of a wash.

4. Fires burning are leaving me with yet more squishy-headed feeling.

5. Must write all primary election endorsements by the end of the week. It's enough to make a person want to go back to bed and wake up on, you know, Tuesday or something.