Click here for SFR on MySpace

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I kind of wish I hadn't mailed this letter.

April 15, 2006


Dear IRS,

As you will likely notice, you are only receiving a partial payment for the amount I owe for 2005. I will send the rest next month when I have it. I realize this probably causes you a great inconvenience, but not as large an inconvenience as it causes me.
Please consider the following.

1. I work constantly
2. I am broke
3. I still, somehow, owe the government money.

I think, even though you are employed by the government, and the IRS in particular, you would have to agree with me that this is not the American Dream. Frankly, it’s very discouraging.
Any way, I promise to send the rest of the money next month after I get paid again. In the meantime, I will be spending my money on my: house, food, job and the like. I promise you, I’m not having any fun.

Sincerely,

Julia Goldberg
American taxpayer