Click here for SFR on MySpace

Monday, February 20, 2006

how much do I love my bed?

So much. I don't know what it is. That bed just seems to grow warmer and softer and more cozy by the day. It's becoming a real effort to leave it. Still, leave it one must and leave it one did.
The highlight of Saturday night's Sex Workers' Art Show thingie, for me, was Michelle Tea's reading. She was great and her reading made me want to read more things she's written. So I suppose one might argue that any event that inspires one to want to read a previously-unread author is a good one, except this event cost $22, it was freezing (our seats were near the door) and I didn't find the rest of the show particularly inspiring as a whole, despite the talented line up. I don't know. Maybe I wasn't in the right mood for it. Actually, I'd expected to be slightly embarassed and provoked and instead I was slightly bored. Maybe I just wanted to be home in bed. On the other hand, I did get to eat Back Road Pizza for dinner two nights in a row, which was yummy. A slice with spinach and artichoke hearts. You can not go wrong there, my friends.
This morning I learned Bill Clinton will be speaking at the annual journalism conference I attend each June. I'm looking forward to that, and to seeing the Clinton library. Prior to this news I can't say I was excited about being in Arkansas in June but I feel better now. I just have to remember to bring mosquito repellent, since my only other experience in AK involved me being eaten alive by those nasty suckers. Those nasty suckers that love, love, love me to death. If there is one mosquito in a 100-mile radius it will find me and bite the living shit out of me.
Meanwhile, we have a good issue going to press, although I am very disappointed that mayoral candidate David Schutz has refused to participate in our Pop Quiz series. I believe that makes him the only candidate in the history of this series to refuse to participate.
This week we will interview the mayoral candidates for our endorsement interview process and then we will be done! Done I tell you! Well, except that I am interviewing the mayoral candidates with Honey Harris next week on the radio. All of them except David Schutz who has not, I believe, responded to Honey's call.
OK, back to the salty salt mines. Hope your Monday goes well and that you don't miss your bed as much as I miss mine.