Click here for SFR on MySpace

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

more random movie blather

I was trying to figure out, today, why I have been thinking, talking and writing about movies more often than usual. Then I realized I haven't had any alcohol in 10 days and, since I haven't been going out, have been watching more movies than usual.
Saw a preview for Thank you for Smoking, a very, very funny book by Christopher Buckley that I read when it first came out 10 years or so ago. I am constantly puzzled over which books become movies. Sometimes it seems so obvious (Narnia). In this case, though, I would never have picked this book, which is funny mostly because of the language, as movie fodder.
Speaking of, um, hollywood, I guess the guv is going to be on the set of Wildfire, a teen drama that's being filmed in NM. During my Jan. 2 illness breakdown, where I did nothing but knit and watch TV, I stumbled across it and got to see Nicholas Ballas, owner of the The Cowgirl, who has a recurring role on the show. That was fun; although I don't think I'm going to become a regular watcher. Watching TV is not on my list of New Year's resolutions.
Oh God, I guess I should go back to work.