Click here for SFR on MySpace

Monday, January 16, 2006

knitter please

To think of all these years I've spent in this office on Marcy Street, blissfully unaware of the yarn store just a stone's throw away. Sadly, those days are gone forever and I am becoming a slightly crazy, compulsive yarn purchaser. I like the owner, though, and she's very helpful. For example, today, when I told her I needed something to knit on the six-hour plane ride to Maui, she suggested this yarn and wrote out a pattern for me to make a shawl that will basically be a tropical shawl for me to wear. I also bought some yarn to make boy I am dating a scarf, which he has requested.
Sigh. I really feel very silly writing about knitting like this. And sillier spending money like a drunken.. sailor (a drunken sailor who knits) on yarn. Although I suppose if all I do is stay in and knit the cost of the yarn is probably not much more than I might be spending if I went out and did other stuff. Oh well, whatever, it's what I'm doing. Also, in case you were wondering, the camera on my Sidekick blows; the camera on my old phone was much better. I'd really love to buy my own digital camera, but I've spent so much money on yarn I can't really afford it. And I can't really justify "borrowing" an SFR camera to take on vacation so... I guess I'll be going the disposable route instead. But, you know, as much as I hate buying disposable things, I feel that I'm countering the disposability factor by buying organic wool. Yes, I am joking (I actually have been buying natural fiber type stuff but I don't really think it's some kind of yin/yang balancing act against the act of buying a disposable camera. I'm not that much of a Santa Fean. Or maybe I am. Thank God it's almost time to go home)