Click here for SFR on MySpace

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

blah blah blah

Here's a link to the just-finished opening day Legislature speech by Gov. Bill Richardson.
It's pretty awful, cliche ridden, dead language, vague, not moving.
I don't understand why there aren't better speeches anymore. I think I would be a good speech writer.

Here's the best lines:
"When I was a young boy, my mother helped bridge my connection between two cultures as I grew up.  My abuelita (my grandmother) made sure I went to catechism and made me say my prayers each night.  And my father pushed me to stay focused on school, demanding results along the way.
Later, in college, I remember professors who helped me realize my potential and ignited my intellectual curiosity.
If none of these things had happened, I doubt I’d be standing here before you today.  (Maybe some of you would have liked it better that way…)"

[insert laugh here]

(That's my comment).

Alright, guess I better go back to critiquing my paper versus the gov's speech.