Click here for SFR on MySpace

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

twas the night before xmas vacation

and it came down to one point
in just 2 1/2 hours
we'll be out of this joint
my whole staff was sick
and their coughs could be heard
as they struggled to choke out
just one more smart word
and all I could think
as I squinted at my screen
was: 6 days off? 6 days off?
this must be a dream
(I know screen doesn't rhythme with dream
give me a break; I've been living on coffee
and stale Xmas cake)
and though I'll be in SF
straight on through Xmas day
from work I will at least be set free
and never you worry
'cuz come January
I'm going to Hawaii
(I know free doesn't rhythme with Hawaii;
I'm an editor, not a poet, you know)
and the only thing missing
this holiday time
is a little 'ol Xmas snow.

OK, yes, it's almost over and, yes, I've lost my mind.
If I manage to stay away from this place for the next week, I'll blog you my holiday happenings upon my return. Or, if I get really fancy, I'll log in from my Sidekick.
Until then,
have a happy one and remember: there's no such thing as too many cookies.