Click here for SFR on MySpace

Friday, December 30, 2005

new year's resolutions

1. to stop being sick
Yes, I am sick AGAIN. What is wrong with me? I have done everything humanly possible that I know about and can deal with to try to kick this sinus thing. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I am at my wit's end.
2. to keep knitting
Weirdly enough, after years of proclaiming myself the least crafty (as in doing crafts) person around, I've been taught to knit and am actually enjoying it. It is the first useful thing I have ever learned how to do. (you know, useful in a non-reading, computer-using, red-pen wielding kind of way).
3. to take a real vacation
You know, the kind with a beach. I've bought my ticket even and I'm going to Hawaii at the end of the month. If my weird sickness evaporates in Maui, I may be forced to conclude that I am allergic to New Mexico.
4. To clean my office
You would not believe the state of things in here right now. Unless you've ever been in here before, that is.
5. To clean my closet at home
Why do we hold onto things we don't use or need? If you know the answer, do tell.
6. To kick off SFR's city election coverage once the new year hits
Yes, it's that time again.
7. To have fun at Pachanga on New Year's Eve.
Where are you going? This event is going to be FUN.
8. To blog daily
Well, I normally do that actually, but the holidays and the ongoing sinus situation has kind of taken the wind out of my sails. So I'm renewing my commitment to you, dear reader(s). Plus, I want to update this blog's template with new links and such.
9. To stop being angry about my hat
See, I got this new hat that I LOVE and last night left it at St. Francis Hotel after I had a drink there. I went back, maybe an hour later, and the waitress said she'd found it and turned it in at the front desk. The person she turned it into claims to have left it on a desk. But no one can find it. Isn't this infuriating? I mean, if it got turned in, where is it? I will wait until Jan. 1 to stop being angry about this. Right now, I want my freaking hat back.
10. To think about the future
I know this sounds odd (or maybe it doesn't; I don't know how most people function) but I feel as though I'm so much in the here and now, in terms of trying to get everything done in work, life and such, that I can't remember the last time I stopped and thought about where I want to be five years from now. On the one hand, being in the here and now is kind of Zen and not worrying about the future is probably positive, particularly given what a worrywart neurotic I used to be. On the other hand, there's such a thing as too much here and now. You hear me, now?
OK, I'm going to go back to blowing my nose and rubbing my temples. Have a happy, happy New Year. My readers are few(ish), but you are all valued. Writing in this blog in 2005 has been a wonderful diversion, learning process, and I appreciate the feedback and support.