Click here for SFR on MySpace

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

It's a Soft Launch

whatever the heck that means, but it's a launch. SFR's new website is up and running. Check it out. If you have any feedback, give it to someone else. I'm not in charge of it! No, you can give it to me. I'll make sure the appropriate people hear it.
In other news, this Washington Post article about the Wen Ho Lee is pretty fascinating (I think you have to register to read it on The Post site, but it's free. Also, The New Mex reprinted it in its print version today). Essentially, the WP's lawyers are arguing that sources when speaking to reporters are entitled to the same confidentiality as the prayer/priest; client/therapist priviledge.
Still waiting for the comments to get rolling on the Fran Gallegos story. It's pretty quiet so far. I find it odd that the new mex made that the top-of-the-fold story today. The Journal North has a brief inside. We just had a brief on it too. It's not like it was some major piece of news—she decided not to run and went around town handing press releases to the media. From the way the New Mex played it you'd have thought everyone was on pins and needles waiting to find out. It's not like she is the mayor and not running for re-election. I don't know. I don't get that as a news choice at all. I sort of think anything spoonfed like that doesn't deserve top-of-the-fold play. Well, maybe the comments will get rolling and people really will be interested. But the new mex and journal so often play everything exactly the same, same stories, same pictures, same placement, that this jumped out at me.
Meanwhile, Bush is coming to NM to sign The Energy Bill because he promised Domenici he would.
I'm not sure I could be anymore tired than I am right now. The nice coffeebar person at WF this morning asked me why I wasn't coming for coffee anymore and I told her I can barely sleep as it is. But it's nice to be missed. We have a story in today's SFR (no, it's not up on the Web site yet) about WF having to jettison a bunch of workers whose immigration status is unclear. For now, you can read that, and Silja JA Talvi's story on The Patriot Act (destined for reauthorization by Bush) at AltWeeklies
OK, time to get ready for the morning meeting and deal with the monthly budget. After that, I think I'll crawl under my desk for a nap.