Click here for SFR on MySpace

Friday, July 15, 2005

optical illusions

When I woke up this morning I was in the middle of a dream in which I was explaining, in exhaustive and great detail, how optical illusions work. I don't know who I was talking to and now I can't remember what I was saying, but I sounded like I really knew what I was talking about.
I don't think I sounded half, even a quarter, as smart during our morning taping of 7 Days in Santa Fe, the public access TV show I cohost with Eric Zipf, the funniest man in public access show biz. Well, you can catch it today, Sunday and Monday at 5:30 pm, Ch. 16 if you are so inclined.
I am tired and unfocused today, trying to multitask like crazy, send rejection letters out to staff writer applicants (always fun; not), plow through Best Of Santa Fe, get time sheet together, answer the phone, answer the email etc. etc. I'm interested in Pfeffer trying to push forward a resolution prohibiting the city from using powers of eminent domain. Two questions: that's good, right? Second question: that's not binding, right? Third question, isn't Pfeffer always on a hobby horse against non-binding resolutions?
Just got weird tip that south capitol building might have been evacuated. Guess I better get on the phone & find out why. If you see me around this weekend and I look organized, dashing and completely together, I promise you this: it's an optical illusion.