Click here for SFR on MySpace

Friday, July 01, 2005

4

Well, the Fourth of July holiday weekend is upon us, and activists everywhere, including here are gearing up for a hella fight over the next Supreme Court justice. Interesting timing, eh, what with 4 July and all. Nothing more patriotic than thinking about preserving the constitution, and nothing more move-to-Canada inducing than thinking about who W would put on the court if left to his own devices. But, hopefully, the checks & balances will stay checked and balanced at least a little longer.
As for my weekend, I'm thinking: swimming pool, a wedding on Saturday, a little dinner tonight and possibly check out Senor Lucky's and/or El Paseo, Sunday Fort Marcy and Los Lobos, Monday chill out and then maybe go to Tom Sharpe's 4th party. Mostly, though, I just want to chill out, get some exercise, read, hang out with my dogs, get worked up over the Supreme Court and leave it at that. But boy, is there anything nicer than reading the Sunday Times when you don't have to work on Monday and don't have to feel guilty about the fact that you should be cleaning something so that all week when you run in and out of your house like a crazy person you don't have to see dust bunnies?
It's impossible for me to write right now. Joe Ray Sandoval just showed up to see me, which means he's sitting in my office talking on his cell phone. Anyway, in case I manage to stay away from the office all weekend, have a great, great Fourth. Be safe (drunk driving accidents are numero uno this weekend, according to a press release I misplaced a few hours ago) and, if you're so inclined, send a letter to Bingaman, Udall, Domenici et. al expressing your views on The Supreme Court.
Domenici's website
Bingaman's website
Udall's website