Click here for SFR on MySpace

Monday, June 13, 2005

So Wednesday morning I leave for San Diego to attend the AAN conference, but a few days ago I received the letter below and, naturally, forwarded it to AAN's directors and other AAN editors who serve on its editorial committee, as do I. This sparked, as you can imagine, a lively debate about whether AAN should move hotels (not even remotely possible) or react in some way, such as writing a letter after the conference pledging our solidarity with workers everywhere (seeing as we are the last bastion of the growing-fictitious liberal media). What's been decided (as best as I can follow the flurry of emails) is we will do our own research while there (not that this was ever going to be a vacation, but it's sounding less relaxing by the minute) and AAN will come up with some decision after. I haven't done much about this, except some light research on UNITE HERE's boycott, but it sounds like I'll hear more about it in California. But, from what I can tell, it might have been resolved over the weekend I guess I'll find out when I get there. Someone else told me the largest comic book convention in the world (or something) will be going on when I'm in San Diego, as well, although I plan to ignore that as much as possible.