Click here for SFR on MySpace

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

california dreaming

Last night in a fit of unprecedented motivation I decided I would not pack for my San Diego trip at the last minute, but start early. This turned out to be a very wise move as it took me the better part of two hours to locate my black travel bag which had ended up weirdly buried under stored winter comforters in the guest bedroom. This bag is one of those items that should have been tossed years ago, but I can't bring myself to do it because I know that no matter what I put in it it will always fit under my seat and never have to be checked.
Leaving SFR for three days requires a ridiculous amount of effort and the last day (today) is always the same, with me remembering item after item that needs to be done and sending way too many emails to my staff reminding them of things they aren't likely to forget anyway. Honestly.
Just received a huge stack announcing the winners of Best Of which I will have to jump into dealing with upon my return. Curious? I bet you are. Well, I've barely looked through it myself. I'm hoping I will have some computer access while at the AAN conference to check in, but I'm not bringing my computer. I hate travelling with it and, as mentioned before, there is no Blackberry in my future, so this may perhaps be my last entries for a few days. But I'm sure I'll be loaded up with info upon my return.