Click here for SFR on MySpace

Monday, March 07, 2005

Good Morning Monday

Bleg! Blag! Blech! For some reason I always enjoy my Sunday time at work (so quiet, so peaceful), but Monday mornings make me feel a little ADD. I hope I haven't caught misanthropy—that would be highly inconvenient in my line of work. I will say that it sucks, so to speak, to wake up to a beautiful sunny day when one will spend the day in a poorly ventilated office, when the whole weekend was gray and cold and seemed only to beckon, "Don't leave the house! Watch videos. Be a vegetable!". Well, I always leave the house, but it was one of the more quiet weekends in a while. Dinner, pool, dinner pool, gym, gym, gym. Hey, I'm like a spoken-word poet man. Or maybe not. Whatever the case, stop the freakin' presses: all my AG jeans are covered in mud from walking the dogs.
OK, peeps, consider that first graph a shout-out, aka acknowledgement, to those of you who said you missed my personal style of writing. How ya like me now?
So, my call for blogs has resulted in a few responses and I appreciate it. My former college pal turned permaculturist Nate Downey dropped me a line with his link (see it under my links), the library let me know they were out there blogging away (yet one more reason to love the downtown library) and an interesting blog named Whirledview was brought to my attention (see the link in my list, as well. I'm too groggy right now to html link. I have only had one cup of coffee today. I am trying to stop drinking so much coffee and see if I can still function). Anyhow, Whirledview is written by Patricia Kushlis, Cheryl Rofer and Patricia Lee Sharpe and focuses on a variety of topics, including biology, world news, LANL, the arts etc. So check it out, pronto.
Alrightey then. The gray skies meant that by the time I got up and out yesterday all my usual spots for snaggin' the Sunday Times were sold out (grr, arr), so now I have to go online and read it (so not the same). Then I am going to get caught up on the weekend papers. So I'll be back later. Hopefully.
In the meantime, ponder, if you will, Al Sharpton's proposal that rapsters who get violent should be banned from the radio for 60 days. And no TV after dinner! Seriously, abstract that proposal and you've got a corporation (since most hip hop these days is played on big corporate radio) attempting to control public behavior and thought in a punitive manner.
On the other hand, anything that gets Candy Shop less radio play is AOK with me. That song bites.