Click here for SFR on MySpace

Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Well, we are back from a long holiday weekend (and by long I mean margaritas) and it is June 1, New Mexico's primary election day. Go vote! I am going to go vote in a little while, as soon as we get some pages signed off on. Then I'm off to the county building to host election-night coverage for Channel 8. Then it's back to a regular work week, with our next voter project this Friday, June 4, hosted by Pride on the Plaza. No only will we have voter registration, but we'll be videotaping Friday night for the documentary we're filming, so it's a perfect time to show up. You can register on camera! (But you don't have to, of course).
We also are trying to put together the Hip Hop Voter Project for the Sunday Talib Kweli show.
Now I have to get back to work, but hopefully in the next day or so I'll have a chance to write about the Lannan Cultural Freedom event I attended last Friday and all the amazing writers/thinkers who participated (like Russell Banks). I also want to link to some interesting articles Alternet has up on hip hop and voting, and possibly go off on a tirade about The New York Times. So stay tuned, or um, logged in. And be sure to keep checking out the links section. I'm building it slowly but surely. I wish there was a way to just dump all my bookmarks onto the links, but I don't think there is.